Monday, November 29, 2010

Ségolène Royal


Well, here comes Ségolène Royal again with her vapid smile as begging bowl. It didn't fool anyone last time and now we all know how that story ends. I confess I have never enjoyed soap operas and would be loath to watch one once let alone twice and I doubt, if this election had the standing of a real soap opera, that advertisers could be drawn to the project. It is said that her candidature has divided the party and ended a period of unity. Nevertheless, here we go again.

Whilst we are on the subject, an article in Le Figaro claims "Mice rejuvenated in laboratory" writing that "The experience makes one immediately think about the story of Benjamin Button, the hero of Fitzgerald, born old and growing younger with time." How and if this will benefit the candidate is anyone's guess but I somehow imagine that this would not be an odds enhancer.

What I can say with certainty is that if Picasso gifted me two hundred and seventy-one of his works, I would not have kept them in my garage for forty years. Where I would have put them is open to discussion but, since at no time was I ever Pablo's electrician, it remains idle speculation best pondered over a bottle of the Widow.

No comments: